Job Title: Family Hub Worker
Hours of Work: 21 hours
Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Duration of contract: 1year fixed term contract
Line Manager: Agape Wellbeing Manager
To develop, promote and facilitate a support programme including weekly groups, workshops, and parent & child sessions for parents with children from 0-3years, using a community asset based approach.
What you’ll need
- A proven track record of working directly with pre-school children (especially 0-3years) and their parents in groups and on a one to one basis
- A strong understanding of the issues and challenges facing families and an empathetic and understanding manner towards them
- Key knowledge and understanding around GIRFEC
- A strong work ethic with an ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to form consistent, positive and appropriate relationships with young pre-school children and their families
- To be able to motivate and empower individuals to identify their own health improvement needs, aspirations and goals, and encourage their participation within their community
- An understanding of working with volunteers
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint
- A Driving Licence with use of a vehicle
- Baby Massage qualification (desirable)
- Understanding of children’s development in relation to attachment (desirable).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Within our family services remit, develop and facilitate activities and services that promote positive wellbeing for children aged 0-3 yrs.
- Carry out wellbeing assessments and support families to set desired goals and objectives to ensure children’s’ wellbeing is promoted
- To liaise with Health Visitors, and other appropriate agencies with issues relating to a child’s health or welfare
- Supported by the Agape Wellbeing Manager, carry out planning sessions and de-briefs with volunteers as appropriate
- Identify families on low income, to promote and deliver our available schemes for families on low income.
- Signpost families as appropriate to partner organisations
- Help to organise and deliver a range of events to promote health and wellbeing in the community.
- To have sympathy with the values of Agape Wellbeing.
- To keep records in accordance with Agape Wellbeing policy and General Data Protection Regulations.
- To ensure Agape Wellbeing’s policies are adhered to at all times, including policies relating to Safeguarding and Health & Safety.
- Maintain family client database in order to provide statistical information that may be required and liaise with Agape Wellbeing Manager regarding funding applications and evaluations where appropriate.
- Effectively manage the use of Agape Wellbeing’s resources.
- Attend supervision, training courses and events as required.
- Represent Agape Wellbeing in the community: including conferences, meetings, and from time to time give presentations about the organisation’s family work.
- Consult and cooperate with the Agape Wellbeing Manager, providing regular written and verbal reports as required.
This post will also be subject to a satisfactory PVG check.
This is not an exhaustive list of possible duties and the post holder will be required to carry out any other duties, to the equivalent level that are necessary to fulfill the purpose of this post. The duties and responsibilities of this post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies of Agape Wellbeing.
Support & Supervision
- Mandatory induction scheme
- Regular supervision with Centre Manager
- Regular training opportunities
You can download an application form here: Agape Wellbeing Application Form
Please note the closing date for applications is Friday 25th October at 5pm. Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com or posted to:
22 Cornwall Way
If you are successful with your application, you will be invited for interview. Interviews will take place on Friday 8th November. If you would like more information about the post beyond what is included In this pack, please contact myself at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01355 242316