We promote positive wellbeing for all.
In seeking to achieve this vision, the work of the organisation is underpinned by the following objectives:
- Provide an environment where all individuals feel safe, respected, valued and included
- Offer activities and services that promote positive physical and emotional wellbeing
- Support and empower families on low income
- Reduce loneliness and isolation across all ages
- Offer opportunities for all individuals to grow, develop and learn new skills
Throughout our organisation, we aim towards our values below.
- Respect – We respect and value ALL those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
- Love – We are inspired by Christian faith and look to express the love of God in practical ways
- Integrity – We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do
- Equality – We firmly believe that all people are of absolutely equal value irrespective of background, colour, race, religion, gender, sexuality, age, skills, qualifications, attitude, postcode, disability, appearance, role etc
- Excellence – We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best possible results for our clients, customers and each other.
Agape Wellbeing established in 2014 with the aim of delivering a range of services and support for those residing within the East Kilbride area. Agape Wellbeing is a Scottish incorporated charitable organisation. Over the years, the organisation has continued to grow and expand its service provision across the local area. The organisation currently delivers a Programme that focuses on the health and wellbeing for all. Our services are designed to be accessible to all in the community regardless of circumstances and background and most are free of charge or have a small cost.
The work of Agape Wellbeing is continually developed in response to local needs. The organisation delivers a range of activities that focuses on promoting health and well-being, and continued personal and social development.
ACTIVITIES & SERVICES
All activities and services offered though Agape Wellbeing seek to provide opportunities to include everyone, promote positive physical and emotional wellbeing, support and empower families, reduce loneliness and isolation and grow, develop and learn new skills. We have 2 members of staff, 5 Board members and 22 volunteers.
We rely on Volunteers to support many of our activities. The time given by volunteers to the project is invaluable. The opportunities provided to volunteers also provide a valuable tool to gain confidence, learn new skills and gain experience to move onto college and further learning or employment.
We work in partnership with many statutory and third sector organisations to ensure we receive referrals for those most in need of our services and support. Additionally, we continue to work in partnership with different local organisations and we continue to forge new relationships with different organisations, to increase the effectiveness of our service and to encourage referrals for those who could benefit in engaging in our services.
We benefit from the support of a wide variety of funders. Funding we receive to date has mostly been from Trusts & Foundations with some self-funding from our pre-loved shop, and a small number of dedicated donors.
Agape Wellbeing never seems to stand still. It is an exciting time as we look to increase the work we are doing with local families. This is an exciting time to be part of this innovative and dynamic organisation.